How to detect early warning signs of oral cancer
Do you have a toothache which is making you worried? Chances are you have a cavity, or one of the first few stages of oral cancer. Oral cancer is one of the highest discussed topics under medical tourism in India.
According to the National Institute of Dental Craniofacial or NIDCR, more than 50% of the U.S population suffers from oral cancer every year. If regular check-ups take place, then the chances of treating oral cancer is high.
During every check-up, dentists always look for any possible signs of oral cancer. But to stay aware, you should also keep track of any irritation in your mouth. Minor irritations in the mouth can also lead to warnings signs for oral cancer! Oral cancer is known to occur anywhere in the mouth. Any irritation or swelling in the pharynx, tongue, lips, salivary glands and throat can be early signs of oral cancer.
Possible signs of oral cancer
• Sores, swellings, lumps, or thick patches taking place anywhere in and around your mouth.
• White or red lesions anywhere in your lips
• The feeling of an object being stuck in your throat or a lump
• Any sort of swelling that makes wearing a denture uncomfortable
• Pain in one of your ears without any sort of loss of hearing
• Losing teeth without any dental cause
• Feeling of numbness or pain in any part of your mouth.
How does oral cancer happen?
Even though the exact cause of oral cancer remains one of the highly researched topics of dental treatments in India, dentists suggest that lifestyle choices play an important part. People who regularly chew tobacco, or are smokers have a high risk of getting oral cancer. People who are also regular and heavy drinkers of alcohol also have a high risk of getting oral cancer.
Chikitsatour wishes to provide a one-stop solution regarding every efficient medical treatment in India. Medical tourism is playing an important role in the healthcare industry in India, and Chikitsatour wants to make it easily available to more people!